Nephite Dice: The Sword of Laban

Design by: Mike Drysdale
Ages: 6 and up
Players: 2 to 6; 10-20 minutes
In Nephite Dice: The Sword of Laban, players work to make as many swords as they can before the Lamanites come to battle against them. In the end, the player who is able to produce the most swords in defense of his people wins the game!


Historical Context:
 Shortly after the death of Lehi, Nephi was commanded of the Lord to separate from his brothers, Laman and Lemuel, who were seeking to kill him.

2 Nephi 5: 5-7, 14
And it came to pass that the Lord did warn me, that I, Nephi, should depart from them and flee into the wilderness, and all those who would go with me.

Wherefore, it came to pass that I, Nephi, did take my family...and all those who would go with me.

And we did take our tents and whatsoever things were possible for us, and did journey in the wilderness for the space of many days.

And I, Nephi, did take the sword of Laban, and after the manner of it did make many swords, lest by any means the people who were now called Lamanites should come upon us and destroy us, for I knew their hatred towards me and my children and those who were called my people.